Friday, April 25, 2008

Looking forward...

NEW KITCHEN!! We started to pack up the kitchen last night so we can start remodeling. Ugh! I am guessing that we won't have a ceiling by this time tomorrow. Brandon is so excited to get going and TEAR things apart. The cabinets are ordered and will be ready to install in 3 or 4 weeks. YIKES!! I am excited to have a new kitchen, but there are still several important decisions make-- flooring, sink, faucet, lights, paint.....I need to make some decisions SOON! There are so many elements to consider in every little detail. I am overwhelmed to say the least!! I am sure that I am about to push Holly (my sister---the interior designer) right over the edge. I'm sure she wants to change her number, her e-mail address, etc!

SOCCER!!! Hayden has her first soccer game tomorrow! She is really excited and had a great time at 'practice' last Saturday. It was seriously like comedy hour watching those kids try to learn the basics and being so SERIOUS about it. They were SO funny and so cute! Right in the middle of practice, Hayden yells "MOM, I saw a silver slug-bug!!" We were cracking up! I was so proud of her-- she usually likes to stick close to us when there is a big crowd or when she's not sure what is going on. When the coach said, "Let's get started" -- Hayden took off running following the other kids and never looked back. It made me cry-- she's growing up! We have been practicing kicking and throwing the ball all week with her (whenever it wasn't snowing outside). She instantly turns into the parent, the coach, the authority figure-- "Nice throw dad!" "Great job mom!" "Okay, now make sure you run to get the ball." I can't wait to see how her game turns out tomorrow!

MALL OF AMERICA here I come!!! I have to go to Minneapolis next week for work-- Brandon and Hayden are going to stay here and fend for themselves. I can't wait to SHOP!!! I am looking forward to a few days away and for a little change of pace!

MADE OF HONOR!! Patrick Dempsey.....need I say more? I am so excited to see this movie.

BLOGGING!! I need to have a blogging intervention. I am terrible at taking pictures and I need to be better (quantity as well as quality). I need to challenge myself to be more creative.

HIGH COST!! I have been obsessed this week realizing how much gas and groceries have gone up in price. I know that gas has been high for a while now, but I was trying to streamline and update our budget earlier this week and I cannot believe the difference from 6months ago. I realize that it's not something that is going to change anytime soon, but it totally freaked me out!

3 comments:

Thelissa said...

OK, my comment is going to be long. I have so many things to add to your thoughts.
--A new kitchen! Wow! Lucky you! Kind of fun to pick things out and all. Kind of hard too. Why is the ceiling going?

--Soccer cracks me up too. Savannah has had one game. At her practice this week the coach told Paul that after they had one more practice they wouldn't have anymore and just have games. They are just so young and really don't "get it". They do try so hard though! Love it!

--I want to see "Made of Honor" too. Paul would never let me drag him to it though! I'll have to wait until ti comes on DVD and I can sit alone in the dark to watch!

--Prices. Ugh. Gas makes me sick to the stomach, literally. I hate paying for it. We think through whether we really need to go to places based on how much gas costs. It stinks. And food has been subtle, but a rise. My food bill has gone up a little at a time. I haven't really been able to figure why it costs more when I buy the same stuff. I hate it all!

--Lets have a BBQ in the next few weeks. We'll chat.

The Huzzey's said...

Hayden--We are proud of you for choosing the best sport in the world to play!! I hope your game went good on Saturday!

Laura said...

I loved Made of Honor. There is a kiss in that movie that is still making me swoon. Love him!

We redid our kitchen (when my twins were just babies) and it has been the best thing we ever did. It was a terrible process but I am glad it was done.

Are you coming Wednesday night?