Hayden has always collected 'things'-- ANY thing!!! She finds items all over the house (inside or out) and places them in her container of choice.
Things she collects: Money, checkers, washcloths, hair elastics, rocks, paper clips, clean wipes (she always folds them perfectly into TINY squares), hand sanitizer ('hanitizer'), chapstick, paper (all shapes, sizes, and colors.... she writes a small note on each paper, folds it perfectly into a tiny little square, and, if I haven't hidden the scotch tape well enough, then each paper gets a few pieces of tape), blocks, plastic animals, small balls, sunglasses....you name it!
Containers she likes to use: Purses, buckets, strollers (see below), backpacks, small boxes, bowls, grocery bags, envelopes, the trailer on the back of her toy tractor, cups, bug catching cages (used particularly for rocks-- 100's of rocks), Ziploc bags (these are at the top of her list), jewelry boxes (not just for jewelry), the plastic 'golf bag' that came with the toy plastic golf clubs....you name it, she's tried it!!
It is always an adventure to clean up after Hayden-- you never know what kind of 'treasure' you might find. The amazing thing is.... you can ask her where a particular item is, and she knows right where it is. I hope she doesn't end up with a hoarding disease one of these days......
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
My little pack-rat...
Posted by Kacey at 6:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I think it is cute. It probably drives you nuts to clean up, but it's funny. She makes me laugh! She needs to come play at our house one day!
Kacey, this is Paul's sister Susan, I dont know if you remember me, but I stumbled onto your blog from Thelissa's. How are you??? Your girl is SO cute. You have to come visit me Im at thenapiers.blogspot.com or you can get to me from Thelissa's. I hope you are doing well, it sounds like it from the fun stuff you've written.
Take care and come by and leave a comment!!
Sues
Post a Comment