Friday, December 12, 2008

Hayden is 5!!!!!!!

Holy Cow! I can't believe my baby is 5. Honestly, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. The 5th birthday seemed HUGE---- no longer a baby, no longer a toddler, she has to go to Kindergarted in less than a year (eeek!-- I can't think about it).

She is such a great little girl and already an amazing person! She is definitely wise beyond her years and has the biggest and most tender heart. She wants everyone to be happy and worries if someone is upset. She worries WAY TOO MUCH for such a little girl but she is always looking out for everyone and it really consumes her when people are sad. She is such a sweetheart and it always amazes me the level of concern she has for everyone. What an inspiration she is to me. It is so humbling to be a parent and to watch your kids grow and mature and make decisions.

This is such a tender time of year for me as I reflect on the first few months of Hayden's life. It is amazing that she is still here on earth with us and it is hard to believe that she had such a rough start. We are so blessed to have had the preemie experience and it is so close to our hearts. What a miracle she is and what a perfect little person she has become!

Hayden is also HILARIOUS! I think I have mentioned before that she is a total PACK-Rat. She has several doll strollers and every one is packed to the brim with JUNK. She has all sorts of cars, tractors with trailers, wagons (basically.... anything with wheels) and they are ALL packed with JUNK. (JUNK= dishtowells, babies, stuffed animals, bracelets, papers, bags, blocks, crackers (yummy!), accessories from around the house, money, sticks, rocks, bark chips from under her play area, bobby pins, kleenex, the list goes on and on......I get the giggles all the time. (I'm giggling as I'm writing this and looking at her 'heap' of a double stroller!) I think she is so clever! She is obsessed with anything that has wheels and space for 'storage' (even the tiniest open space will work). Brandon and I are constantly finding new 'hidden' treasures and are also constantly looking for missing odds and ends.

She is THE BEST! I can't imagine life without her.....

We were lucky enough to be in Disneyland on her birthday. We went with Brad, Lindsay, Max, and Sadie. Hayden had so much fun hanging out with Max and Sadie. We had a great time








Silly kids! We had SO much fun--- Hayden had a great birthday at Disneyland!

The minute she woke up on her birthday, she asked us if she had grown more since she turned 5. I thought it was so cute! She kept asking us all day..... 'When is my birthday?' 'Who is coming to my birthday?' She thought she should have an actual party with ALL her friends and family. We kept explaining to her that her birthday was all day long and she was at Disneyland for her 'birthday.' She was finally able to go on the some of the rides that she wasn't tall enough for last year.... and she kept saying "Now that I am 5, I am taller, so now I can go on the BIG rides." It is so fun to see things from her perspective.


3 comments:

Thelissa said...

"Five" is a tough one. It really is the sign of growing up. I remember my fifth birthday like it was yesterday. Don't think about kindergarten until the day comes or you'll cry everyday between now and then! :) That first day of school is rough! (it was for me anyway!)

Vicky said...

She's such a sweety, she really is... you can tell even if she's not saying a thing. We love her!
and ok, we love you guys too, we are lucky to have neighbors like you. I'm so glad she had such a fun time!

The Egg Basket said...

Congratulations Kacey! You have a beautiful little girl.