Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Long time, no blog......

Where do I start? We have had a crazy and hectic month. I finally downloaded some pictures.......

This is Hayden with "Bob"-- my Unlce Max's dog. She needs a dog!!! She makes friends with all dogs and cats. At this point, I am ready for a dog (with certain stipulations of course) and it is her dad (the one who loves EVERY animal) who is hesitant. We'll see!


Whenever Brandon is home, Hayden is right on his tail. She asks him MILLIONS of questions and always wants to help him do everything. He is so patient and is very willing to let her try anything. Here she is helping him 'mud' in the kitchen-- she was so excited!


Time to cool off! It seemed that we went from 60's to 90's overnight in June. Hayden LOVES to play in the water so she spends a lot of time outside watering everything (my poor geraniums are water-logged). Here is Hayden with one of her 'sprinkler toys' and YES-- those are swimming goggles on her head. She insists!!!
I LOVE the Bay Area! We had a great time on vacation with Ty and Melinda. It was a 'much needed' break and we couldn't have had more fun. We drove down to Carmel and Monterrey and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. The concert was fun, the Ghiradelli sundaes (we had one almost every day) were delightful, Muir Woods was as beautiful as ever, the Safari (yes, safari-- near Santa Rosa) was a great time, the company was great, the weather was cool but beautiful--- we had so much fun! (I hate pictures of myself-- I can't believe that I am actually including some of myself!!)

Hayden's pre-school graduation was darling. She sang EVERY word and did EVERY action of every song and was having a great time on stage. I don't know how she is going to function without pre-school. It may be a long summer!! She asks me each morning-- "where are we going today? Do we have to stay home? What time will daddy be home? Will daddy take me somewhere when he gets home?" She likes to have an "agenda". Here is a picture of Hayden with Miss Gaylene-- her pre-school teacher.


Funny faces! What a crazy kid~ she loves to pull faces and make everyone around her do their "funny face."

Lagoon! Hayden LOVES the rides (all of them) and is very sad that she can't ride EVERY ride! She loves the Tidal Wave and she likes to remind you to scream.

Kitchen! Ugh! We are still in transition and still living like we are camping-- doing the dishes outside with a rubbermaid bin and the hose. We did get the countertops installed yesterday. Hallelujah!!!! However, we still don't have a sink, dishwasher or range. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Brandon can get most of that done tonight. At this point, I think I could live without the range, I am just dying for the sink and the dishwasher. I can't wait to run EVERYTHING through the dishwasher-- just to sterilize everything. Ick! It is looking good and we are getting closer every day.

6 comments:

Thelissa said...

Great pictures. I don't know how you live without a sink! I can understand without a dishwasher, because at least you would have a sink, but dishes in the back yard? Hummm, not what I call fun.

The Egg Basket said...

You lead a VERY full life. Sounds like fun though. You should post some "progress" shots of your kitchen. I'm so curious.

Laura said...

So good to hear from you and see pictures! I grew up in the Bay area and still feel like its home. We go back every year. It is the best place ever, so many things to see and you can't beat the weather. The traffic, however, I certainly could live without.

Livet i träsket said...

Really nice to read about your life!

Derek and Kelli said...

Hey it's about time! Looks like you have a busy/crazy life. Maybe you could post some pictures of your kitchen? Hayden is so cute! See you Saturday.

Derek and Kelli said...

I think you should get a CAT!