I am such a slacker. Maybe this 'blog' thing really isn't for me. We'll see! It seems to be one more of those 'things' that I constantly have on my 'To Do' list that never quite gets crossed off. I make lists and lists and more lists for EVERYTHING. Brandon makes fun of me and Hayden has even starting making me 'lists' (which are tiny little pieces of paper with unknown words, letters, or symbols). I wish that I could say that these so-called lists keep me on track and organized....NOT true!! Unfortunately, they seem to be more of reminder of everything that I have NOT accomplished.
Anyway, life is good!
-The kitchen is currently a mess but I really do think there is an end in sight. We are currently painting, then the floor comes out and the new one goes in. Woo hoo! The cabinets will be installed on Tuesday. Meanwhile, the walls are closing in on me throughout the rest of the house because I just keep moving bins, stacks, messes, etc. around. Brandon is worn out but he loves doing the work. What a great guy! My kitchen is currently empty, with the exception of the shop vac and some major drywall dust. I am now without a kitchen sink and tomorrow I have to give up the washer and dryer. :-( I can't wait for the day when I can spend the WHOLE day in the kitchen baking something that takes a long long time. I also can't wait until I can get a cold drink of water from a fridge. The things we take for granted.....
-Hayden is hilarious! She is still singing every minute of every day and always has a smile on her face. She has been so patient with this remodel and she is perfectly happy to just go with the flow. Her recital is in a few weeks so she is getting excited to be on 'the big stage'. She has a pre-school program coming up-- all the more reason to sing all day and practice all those songs WITH the actions.
-We spent Memorial weekend in Idaho. Brandon helped my Uncle Max fix fence in Kilgore. The weather was cool and rainy but Kilgore was beautiful. Holly was home for the weekend as well so it was great to see her. Kilgore is our favorite place and it has a way of bringing you back down to earth....makes you stop and think about things in a different light. It's good for the soul! We all love to spend time in Kilgore and we also miss Grandpa more when we are there.
-We are going to San Francisco next week with some friends-- Ty and Melinda. We bought tickets to a concert several months ago...before we realized we would be smack dab in the middle of a kitchen remodel. The concert is Kenny Chesney, Gary Allan (my favorite!!!), Brooks & Dunn, LeAnn Rimes, Luke Bryan-- the 'Poets and Pirates tour' (or something like that). I have never seen Kenny Chesney in concert but Gary Allan is my latest obsession (for the past year) so I am really excited. I love San Francisco so I am looking forward to the trip. Hayden is headed to Idaho to stay with my mom. "Only 6 more sleeps"-- she re-counts every morning.
-I'll will add some pictures on the next post.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Bad blogger....
Posted by Kacey at 1:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yea, a new post. Glad to get the updates on everything. I'm excited for Hayden's big debut on the "big stage". She will love it! Glad to know you are well.
I know all too well the work and mess of getting a remodeled kitchen. Worth it though.
I love to read about Hayden and her antics. She really is so pretty!
I missed the meeting wednesday. I hope one of us made it. I am going next week instead.
Come on over to my blog and enter my contest in my comments. You know you want to leave a comment right?
Ok, at first I thought... "She's funny. She calls herself a slacker." But that was a few months ago. Now I check out your blog and see the SAME first line, "I'm a slacker" and I think "A-YEAH! She is a TOTAL slacker!" Update us dear! How is the kitchen coming along? What's new and exciting? I'm dying here!!! Love you! (Marne)
Post a Comment