Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy First Day of Spring........

......I thought it would never come!!! Brandon dug Hayden's swings out of the shed yesterday and she is one happy girl!!! We took her pink Jeep out tonight and let her ride around the yard.


Can you believe that it has only been ONE short week since I posted last? I am so proud!!! Now, if the little elves would show up one day while I am away to rake my lawn, fold my laundry, clean my bathroom, organize my Primary stuff, clean out closets, yada, yada, yada..... I would be in GREAT shape!

Hayden and I were having a struggle earlier this week about candy. I told her "No more candy" at least 6 times. She said "I don't want you to be my Mutter any more. I just want daddy!" I almost wanted to cry but I was laughing at the same time. I asked her why she didn't want me to be her 'mutter,' and she said ... "because you say 'NO' too many times." I guess she is right-- I feel like I say 'NO' continuously.... 'NO' to eating 35 Starbursts before lunch, 'NO' to drawing circles on her teddy bear with a pink marker (even though she said -- "I'm just practicing!"), 'NO' to watching Sponge Bob Squarepants, 'NO' to having Sprite for breakfast, 'NO' to putting lotion on her babies, the list goes on and on. (Thelissa mentioned this very thing in a recent blog--- I'm glad I am not the only mom who feels like NO is the most important word in her vocabulary.)
Brandon gets mad that she wants him on her side if I say 'NO,' but if he ever teases me or gives me a hard time for anything, she is RIGHT THERE to defend me. She'll say "HONEY, leave my mom alone." (I think it is hilarious that she calls him 'HONEY.')

Saturday, we went with Grammy and the Gee girls to Disney on Ice. The girls were so excited and we had a great time. We rode TRAX downtown and Hayden is always excited to ride on the train. (Thanks to my horrible photography skills and the SLOWEST camera in America, I didn't get a single 'decent' picture.)






As if we didn't have enough of the 'princess' stuff on Saturday, Hayden was invited to a birthday party for a little girl in her pre-school class. They had a 'Girls Day Out' at a salon where they curled their hair and painted their nails. All of the girls could not stop smiling!! Hayden was worried when they didn't give her any lipstick-- she REALLY wanted some pink lipstick. She had a great time and wore her giant Cinderella dress until her dad got home that night so he could see everything.


Hayden is SOOO excited for Easter. Every night in her prayers, she says 'please bless that the Easter Bunny will bring me prizes and treats.' I'm not sure that is appropriate, but it makes us smile none the less!
This past week, I have bumped into several people whom I haven't seen for a LONG LONG time. I saw Brandi (McCoy) Daniels at Disney on Ice. We decided the last time we saw each other was at our 10 year high school reunion-- we are up for our 15 year this summer. (Yikes!!!-- Where does the time go?) I ran into Marne (Prettyman) Eggleston at dinner on Saturday. We went to the singles ward together and haven't seen each other for 5 or 6 years. It was so fun to catch up with her and catch up on people that I never thought I would forget. I wish I would have been better at taking pictures and writing things down. I always thought I would never forget a face. Last night, I saw Suzanna VanSkyhawk, she was an old roommate (one of my favorites). I had not seen her since our wedding reception almost 6 years ago. She has a little brother, Tim, who has Down's Syndrome and he was always my buddy. I got to talk to him on the phone and we talked about all the fun things we used to do--- he is literally a breath of fresh air and it was so fun to talk to him. It was so much fun to see Suzanna and laugh and talk about old times (and people)!!!!

Life is great at our house! Happy Easter to all.....





3 comments:

Thelissa said...

Wow! I actually wasn't even going to check on here and just decided to see if you posted. I figured I really only need to check every now and again, but you have a new post! I will check back more often then. Loved the post and no you are not alone with the no thing! I love that Hayden calls Brandon "Honey"! I also love the princess pictures. I thought about getting tickets to that ice thing and forgot until it was too late. Bummer.

Good to hear more about what is going on over there! Sad that this is the way we are keeping in touch since you only live a few miles down the road. :)

Brad and Lindsay said...

Kacey, I'm so glad to see you have a blog! It's a great way to see what everyone is up to. I can't believe how big Hayden is! She looks so darling in her little costume!

Vicky said...

sooo cute!