Okay--- so much for using the blog to keep me on my toes!! I know that updating every two months is not going to cut it....I'm going to TRY to be better.
It was quite the eventful trip...... We picked Kalley and Bodey up at the airport and headed for Rexburg. The kids were being so good, and then we got to Arimo (middle of NOWHERE) and we were directed off of I-15 and were told the roads were closed due to blowing and drifting snow. What fun!! We parked at the only service station and waited two hours until they opened the highway. It was a little nerve-racking, with a 4 year old and a 6 week old in tow, but everything turned out fine. It was definitely a memory that we won't soon forget!!
Hayden got to spend time with Averi at Grandpa and Grandma's where she also gets WHATEVER she wants!!
3. We made the decision to remodel our kitchen--- Ugh! Aunt Holly came to help us decide 'what to do' with the kitchen. (Thanks Holly!!!) Hayden was SO EXCITED for Holly to come. She counts days by 'sleeps' and every morning she re-calculated the 'sleeps' as to when Holly would come. Hayden is into doing her own hair these days, picking out her own clothes, etc. etc. so she decided that she would choose a 'special' outfit and hairdo for Holly.....
(SHE IS SO FUNNY!!!! I thought she was very clever.)
4. Travis, Jenna, Averi, and Spencer came to Utah for a visit and Hayden and Averi went swimming at the hotel. They were in Heaven!! Funny girls.......5. Hayden is enjoying pre-school and is learning so much. She loves to go to dance and is practicing for her recital in June. She can't wait to be on the 'big stage.' They just told us last week that her little class will be 'Snake Charmers' in Aladdin. (Does that sound odd to anyone else?-- I guess we'll see how it turns out!)
6. Our little 4 year old drama queen is learning all kinds of words (good and bad). Just this week, her dad was teasing her and she kept whining and asking him to stop. When he wouldn't stop, she said, "Seriously!!" (Like she was SO irritated!! I love that girl--)
7. Tabbi (my sister) had her first baby this past weekend and we are so excited to see the new baby girl-- Maddie. (I don't know the spelling for sure.)
8. Hayden has to say the scripture in Primary in two weeks and she has been really worried about it. She has a very literal sense of reality and she worries a lot about certain things. For instance...she has been very concerned that Holly's hair is 'black' now and she wants her to be 'blonde' again. She asks me at least once a day why Holly 'made her hair black.'
9. Hayden seems to be getting taller and more mature by the minute! She is growing up too fast! That makes me sad to see her growing and changing so much, but I am grateful every day for the miracle that she is and for the happiness that she brings to our family.
10. I am really unorganized lately (hence the non-updated blog) and I need to have an intervention of some sort. This time change has thrown me for a loop and the evenings seem to get away from me.
11. We FINALLY got a new bedroom set and a new dining room table!! Woohoo!!! Hallelujah!! We have been using a hand-me-down bed and mattress and a tiny (and I mean TINY) chest of drawers that came with my sisters bunk beds a hundred years ago. We bought a dining table at a yard sale for $25 when we got married and I am surprised that it lasted as long as it did. The chairs were literally DANGEROUS! I'm so excited!
(Okay-- sorry about the red-eye on the pictures. I haven't figured out how to fix them yet! )



1 comments:
Well, well, well! I didn't even know you had a blog! Yeah! Someone to add to my list of blogs to check. Now you've obligated yourself into updating more! Just kidding. I have tons of friends that really do update once a month or so and it is so great to check in on it! Hayden really is growing up. I loved the picture of her in the clothes and hair-do she picked out. Savannah does the same. She came out the other day though with make-up on. I asked what make-up she used and it was this cheap lip gloss that my sister in law gave her. It was on her eyes though and stained for days! Ugh. We need to have a get-together. We've seen Ty and Melinda once or twice briefly, but thats all. Glad I can at least check your blog now! Love it!
Post a Comment